- We are starting our nomination process for Bellingham’s Best Beertender! Now through November 8th, nominate your favorite beertender at your go-to local brewery or tap house. Tell us why they’re awesome and we will narrow it down until there’s only one! Vote here.
- Rumors have it that Twin Sisters Brewing Company, will open summer 2018. There will actually be two businesses on site, the brewing company and a taphouse. All located at 508 Carolina St in Sunnyland, just blocks from Kulshan Brewing’s James St location.
- On Saturday, Structures is releasing a bottle conditioned saison called Isolation in conjunction with a TBA new can. Hit up their Instagram account for full details.
- The Kulshan Go East IPA got a new can design, and the release party is scheduled for this Saturday at Chair 9 in Glacier, WA. If you’re a ski/board bum in the Glacier area, make sure you go check out the event from 6-9 pm. Kulshan will be part of the Snowbash Glacier, raising funds for the Northwest Avalanche Center.
- Melvin Brewing is starting a $10 lunch menu today, meaning select lunch items will be available for $10 from 11-4 every day, making Melvin an affordable lunch spot with soon-to-be brewed in house beers.
- The Local is hosting a beer pairing dinner with Pfriem Family Brewers on Thursday, Nov. 16 at 6:30 pm. For $65 you can enjoy five gourmet courses paired with delicious beers from the Hood River, OR brewers. Spots will fill quick so call The Local/Annex to reserve your tickets today.
- The Correspondent Foreign Extra Stout from Wander Brewing is back on tap, it won a gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival.
Aslan Brewing Co.
Falcon Punch IPA
This piney pear IPA is made with Jaryllo hops and has the mouthfeel of pulp free orange juice. Delicious and cloudy in the best way, this beer is 5.3% ABV.
Shook Double Dry Hopped IPA
6.7% ABV // medium body + dank grapefruit + juicy
This IPA was brewed to exhibit the grandfather of “sexy” hops, Yakima grown Cascade. As the only hop used, massive flavors of dank grapefruit prevail, while finessed flavors of stone fruit and flowers create layers of complexity. Hopped heavily, but not excessively, this IPA shines the light back on a forgotten hero in American IPA origins.
Boundary Bay Brewery
Cabin Fever Winter Warmer
Check out the sweet can Boundary Bay is releasing! The Cabin Fever winter warmer is back on tap and surprisingly strong at 8.5% ABV and 45 IBU. It’s red-brown color and malty flavor makes it the perfect pairing with any hearty winter meal.
Kulshan Brewing Company
The Kulshan dunkel is on tap at the James Street location. This balanced and malty beer made with Munich malt is ready and rich with roasty toffee and chocolate flavors.
New Zealand Fog Pale Ale
This pale ale is dry hopped with New Zealand and Rakau hops, making it aromatic and juicy yet foggy, the perfect way to lighten up these dreary fall days.