- This Saturday is Bellingham Oktoberfest 2017 hosted by the Opportunity Council and the Volunteer Center of Whatcom County. Enjoy craft brews and brats from 6-10 pm at Settlemeyer Hall. Tickets are $25 and you can find them here.
- This week, Aslan, Boundary Bay, Chuckanut, Kulshan and Wander are all participating in the Survival Drive for Northwest Youth Services. Stop by any of their locations to drop off donations of warm clothes and grab a pint. For more details, check out our article on the month-long event.
- Wander is hosting it’s monthly Community Tuesday early this month and hosting the Ride Bikes Eat Food Tour on October 10. It’s exactly what it sounds like, group bike ride to Wander at 4 pm where riders and beer drinkers can chow on delicious local food.
- Sunday is Stones Throw’s Fresh Hop Block Party to celebrate their abundant fresh hop harvest.
- The Pickford Film Center will be pouring a limited time release blackberry infused Oktoberfest Lager from Boundary Bay in honor of their month-long documentary event, Doctober.
Aslan Brewing Co.
Piranha Bath Dry Hopped Sour
Overtones of hibiscus and rose both with a tart and dry finish. As a kettle soured ale, its tartness was formed quickly and in a controlled manner. It was then dry hopped of Idaho grown Cascade hops, adding a distinct floral character. There’s also a hilarious ad for this beer release, check it out on their Instagram.
Gruff Brewing Co.
Gruff Oktoberfest and Passionfruit Hefe
Gruff released two beers this week, both made with malt from Skagit Valley Malting and are very well balanced (literally).
Illuminati Brewing Company
Crop Circle Fresh Hop IPA
Illuminati joins the celebration of fresh hop season with their first fresh hop IPA. This IPA features Chinook and Cashmere Hops from Chilliwack Hop Farms in BC.
Lucky 13 English Dark Mild
Delicious, smooth and toasty, the English Dark Mild is a rare style. Comparable to a session porter, this low alcohol content beer sits at 4% ABV, 21 IBU and is served on nitro.
Menace introduces their newest addition to the tap list, their saison. This well balanced and fruity farmhouse ale sits at 5.2% ABV.
Fermented on a very small amount of peaches and a unique strain of yeast (sachh and Brett), Structures’ newest 3.9% ABV brew is tart and has very subtle waves of overripe peaches and raspberries.