- The first of Aslan’s Progressive Business Roundup events will be on November 14th at 5 pm; a meet and greet with some of Bellingham’s most successful and progressive business owners to learn about employee-owned, community-owned and B-corp businesses. 10% of the night’s drink sales will benefit the Bellingham Food Bank.
- We’ve received intel that the previously closed Copper Hog will reopen with the same name and act as a gastropub and taphouse during the day. At night it will become a nightclub. The new owner owns The Royal and The Underground. Opening date is TBD.
- Melvin Brewing will be releasing cans of the Wyoming-brewed Pils-Gnar, a pilsner collaboration with Teton Gravity Research. On Saturday, Nov. 11, the skier that appears on the can, Nick McNutt, will be at Melvin Brewing Bellingham signing cans at the release event. Expect shot-skis and to show up decked out in your best old-school ski outfit and be entered to win a gift card. Event starts at 4 pm.
- Gruff Brewing is dialing in their snack game this week with multiple new snacks and a new pizza wheel, featuring Mckay’s pizza. They have it pre-ordered and ready for speedy delivery on busy nights and every night.
- Chuckanut released their Bock Lager in bottles last week, you can find it both on draft and in bottles at both locations. Bottles also graced the shelves of Elizabeth Station.
- Wander gave a sneak peak of a collaboration with Four Winds Brewing Co. out of BC. Anyone craving an oat and honey molasses beer?
Aslan Brewing Company
Satan’s Airport Imperial Milk Stout with coffee
Brewed in lieu of the specialty coffee and beer event at Elizabeth Station last weekend, Aslan teamed up with Doma Coffee from Idaho to make a delicious and strong imperial milk stout to round out their hilarious mini-series of videos on their Instagram. Using specially roasted Guatemalan coffee beans, this stout has both coffee and milk chocolate notes, and goes down dangerously smooth for 9.5% ABV.
If there’s something Chuckanut knows how to do write, it’s a dunkel. This Munchener lager is roasty, malty, and mahogany in color, with just enough toasted bread and coffee notes to differentiate it from the Great American Beer Festival gold medal winning Dunkel. Chuckanut partnered with Primer Coffee on this one, making a perfect beer for those who may want something roasty and sweet but on the lighter side.
The Whole Cone Incident IPA
Golden Amber in color and 7% ABV, this beer is Amarillo-hopped through and through, making this incident one to remember.
Stones Throw Brewery
If you’re unfamiliar with the S.M.A.S.H acronym, it stands for single malt and single hop. In this case, the malt used was the Violetta pilsner malt paired with Simcoe hops. It has strong flavors of grapefruit and gooseberry and sits at 4.8% ABV and 33 IBU.
FUZZ IPA Cans
This Saturday, Structures will release their newest batch of FUZZ IPA. This one was made with Motueka and El Dorado hops. There is a 1-case limit per person.