- Bellingham’s newest brewery in the works, Twin Sisters Brewing Company, is doing three preliminary releases, all collaborations with local brewers. They’ve already started their brew with Aslan, but be on the look out for future beers with Chuckanut and Menace.
- Bellingham Cider Company opens today @ 5pm! Be sure to check it out if you want the first taste of truly local ciders.
- Aslan Depot: Barrels & Blending is open as of Thursday, Feb. 8! This is a space unlike any other in Bellingham, be sure to drop in Thursday-Monday, 3 pm-1 am.
- Chuckanut will be hosting a Sweetheart dinner for Valentines day from 5 pm to close on February 14. This beer pairing and specialty foods dinner is three courses for two for just $55 plus tip/tax, which is a killer deal. Seating is limited so call now to make your reservations.
- Kulshan is hosting their barrel-aged beer party on Saturday, February 10 at K2 from 3 pm to 9 pm. They will be releasing some barrel-aged beers in bottles as well as have 7 barrel-aged beers on tap, and $12 lights. Finally, they’ll also release their barleywine that’s been aging since 2013. A night for the books!
Chuckanut Doppelbock is a lager beer that’s rich and full of chocolate, toffee and dried stone fruit flavors with a higher alcohol of 7.4% ABV. Even with the higher alcohol levels this lager finishes smooth and makes for a rich beer easy to drink.
This beer is hazy and delicious and hopped exclusively with Australian Enigma and Vic Secret hops.