- April 1st head to the Skagit Valley Malting Showcase, presented by Farmstrong Brewing!
- Chuckanut Brewery’s Brewer, Bryan Cardwell has left for opportunities with Pfreim Brewing in Hood River.
- Two weeks ago, Kulshan Brewery’s Head Brewer, Abe Ebert, left for other opportunities. Kulshan’s Christopher Noskoff left about a month ago.
- Bellingham’s three longest reigning head brewers are now #1 Steve Ellison at Boundary Bay Brewery, #2 Chad Kuehl at Wander Brewing and #3 Frank Trosset at Aslan Brewing.
- Kulshan Brewing is celebrating 5 years on April 15th.
- Two days ago a lease was signed for a new cider company to open up in the Cascade Laundry building. I’ve talked to the owners of the building and the plan is to have a full kitchen. There’s rumblings of a third cidery opening, but details are developing. Three cideries in Bellingham? How’s that going to go?
- Kulshan is bottling it’s Pilsner in 22oz bottles. This follows their release of their Premium Lager in cans.
- Structures Brewing is dropping another Fuzz can release this Thursday 3/30. They’re also releasing cans of Juice Willis for Chuck’s Hop Shop Greenwood for their 1 year anniversary.
Fairhaven Stones Throw Brewery
North Fork Brewery
BROTHER CRAZY JOHNS
(Our second Belgian style offering brewed with super local Crazy John)
Very crisp/dry finish
Fermented with 2 Belgian yeast strains and finished with brettanomyces
Dirty Blond Sour
Aged in wine and whiskey
barrels. Blended in collaboration
with Nat Pellman of Brouwers Cafe,
released here and at Brouwers
today on their 12th anniversary.
Boundary Bay Brewery
Notes of stone fruit, vanilla & hazelnuts complement the smooth, rich & chocolatey finish.
The Stats for “Batch 6000” Baltic Porter
19.5°P OG // 35 IBU // 8.5% ABV
MALTS: Skagit Valley Malting Copeland, Pilsner, Munich, Special B, Carafa II & Chocolate Malt
HOPS: German Tettnanger
Made with Alba from Skagit Valley Malting Crystal and Magnum hops.