- Bellingham cleaned up at the Washington Beer Awards this weekend! We are so lucky to be surrounded by such incredible breweries in this town.
- Wander won large brewery of the year! As well as Gold for Champagne Toast, Correspondent and WanderAle, Silver for Wild Warehouse, and Bronze for Doglost Pilsner (now available in cans for summer, by the way!) and Plum Bob
- Kulshan won Gold for Maibock, Amber Lager, Red Cap and Belgian Golden Strong, as well as Silver for their Pilsner.
- Stones Throw Brewery won Bronze for Flat Penny Pale
- Aslan won Gold for the American Stout and Justice Temple, as well as Bronze for Disco Lemonade.
- Chuckanut won Gold for the Marzen and Vienna Lager, Silver for Pilsner, and Bronze for Dunkel, Dopplebock and Mexican Lager.
- Atwood won a Gold for their Mo’s Saison in the Herb and Spiced Beers category, and won a special award for Triticale, for showcasing Washington-grown malts, awarded by Skagit Valley Malting.
- North Fork Brewing won Bronze for Brother Crazy-John and Abbey inspired ale. They also won a Bronze for No. 13 Baby, a Belgian Fruit beer.
- Melvin Brewing Bellingham won a Gold for Tiger Style and a Silver for Melixr Baltica.
- Full listing of winners are here.
- Breweries and cideries throughout Bellingham will be donating a portion of weekend beer sales to the Meadows family this weekend. For more details on the incredible human Jenny Meadows was, and event details on participating breweries and the silent auction at Illuminati Brewing Company this weekend, keep an eye on Illuminati’s Facebook.
- Beer+Yoga will be at Boundary Bay on Saturday, June 24. Enjoy a bar yoga session followed by a pint included with your ticket. Purchase tickets here.
- GRUFF is showing all World Cup soccer games and adjusting their hours (and serving mimosas!) to accommodate game times. Keep an eye on their Instagram @gruffbrewing for details.
- Kulshan is wrapping their six packs in recyclable cardboard from here on out. They look rad and aren’t using plastic any longer! Sunnyland IPA is the newest addition.
- Structures is hosting FEAST food truck tonight! See the FULL food truck calendar here.
- Twin Sisters is BREWING! One step closer to their opening next month.
- Boundary’s Citra Weisse is returning to cans very soon.
- How many stamps have you collected on this season’s Passport?
Boundary Bay Brewery
Reefnetter (Cask only!)
One of Boundary Bay’s award-winning classics has returned for a very brief stint on cask. Originally brewed to commemorate a historic fishing method once practiced throughout the Salish Sea. Reefnetter is a copper-colored English-style pale ale with a lively hop character balanced with hint-of-malt.
Dry-hopping with UK Fuggles rouses earthy and floral aromas – the hallmark of this traditional English hop variety.
5.6%, 50 IBU
Though brewed with the same yeast strain as Saison du Kulshan, the Hoppy Saison provides a very different drinking experience. Brewed with Skagit Valley malt and French aroma hops, it is a unique beer bursting with bright aromas and flavors. Ripe apricot dominates, backed up by subtle notes of pear, banana, clove, and citrus, all on top of a graham-crackery malt backbone. Flavorful and mildly boozy, it is a dynamic counterpart to the more sessionable Saison du Kulshan.
Stones Throw Brewery
Golden Rule IPA
Notes of citrus and orange peel and a grapefruit and floral aroma make this a well-contrasted beer with the bitterness of a classic IPA.
5.9%, 62 IBU
Raspberry Champagne Toast
You guessed it, the raspberry version of last week’s delicious Berliner Weisse, Champagne Toast. You can smell the raspberries as soon as you open the bottle. It tastes as good as it looks, too.