The Best of Craft Beer Awards launched last year and Bellingham took home a few medals in 2015. This year, we’ve done it again! To be specific, Aslan Brewing and Wander Brewing are bringing home medals from the competition. Aslan and Wander have been flexing their craft muscles lately and it’s nice to see the work being rewarded. This is how you start off 2016 folks!
Haven’t heard of The Best of Craft Beer Awards? Here’s the contest details:
- Open to Operating US Craft Breweries Only – ( Must provide TTB Brewers Notice to enter)
- Limit 10 entries per brewery
- All bottle, can, or growler entries must be shipped to event in Bend, OR by January 15th, 2016
- BJCP Certified event judged by professional judges and industry leaders
- Judging will be held at Mt Bachelor Village Resort in Bend, Oregon on January 23rd & 24th.
- This event is only open to judges. No need to send a representative. Just Beer.
- Refund Policy: 100% refund by December 1st (less 10% processing fee) – 50% refund by January 1st (less 10% processing fee)
American Stout (34 entries)
Belgian Dubbel (7 entries)
Silver – Wander Brewing Company, Together Belgian Dubbel
Mixed Style Beer (26 Entries)
Bronze – Wander Brewing Company, Global Mutt
Checkout the full list of winners here! As you’ll notice and per BJCP rules judges don’t have to award winners. There could be 50 entries in a category and no winners, second place or third place. There might even be just a bronze awarded. For more on GABF judging go here.
2016 is going to be filled with more beer and more awards. We’re looking forward to festival season and watching what beers Bellingham breweries will brew up for these competitions. Stay tuned for more!