Day’yum Bellingham! Every year Bellingham brings it at the Washingon Beer Awards. We continue to show that we have one of the highest concentrations of award winning beer in the region. As impressive is that we do it across broad style categories. From lagers, to sours, to barrel aged, porters, stouts and beyond.
But the this year was their best performance yet, when they brought home 17 medals between Aslan Brewing, Boundary Bay Brewery, Chuckanut Brewery, Kulshan Brewing, Fairhaven Stones Throw Brewery and Wander Brewing. This is the most medals Bellingham has brought home since last year’s WABA, when we brought home 13 and our most ever from a single competition.
- Bellingham won 17 medals, which is bigger than last year’s WABA medal count and our largest count ever.
- There were 194 medals awarded at this year’s Washington State Beer Awards
- Bellingham accounted for 9% of all medals awarded at this year’s WABA
- Chuckanut Brewery won Large Brewery of the year and 9 total medals
- Between the North American Beer Awards earlier this month and the Washington Beer Awards, Chuckanut has pulled in 15 medals
- Fairhaven Stones Throw entered their first competition and won their first award.
- Bellingham won gold (Kulshan Premium) and silver (Stones Throw Raincountry Lager) in the American Lager category.
- Wander’s Wildwarehouse continued it’s multi-year dominance in the Barrel Aged category with another gold.
- Full list of winners here.
Bronze: American Stout
Other Light and Amber Lagers
Bronze: Classic Light Lager
Gold: Neighborhood Watch (Collaboration w/ Gruff Brewing)Large Brewery of the Year – Winner
Silver: Chuckanut British IPA
American Wheat Beers
Gold: Chuckanut American Wheat
Other German Amber Beers
Gold: Chuckanut Alt
Silver: Chuckanut Kolsch Style
Silver: Chuckanut Dopplebock
German Dark Lagers
Bronze: Chuckanut Dunkel
Silver: Chuckanut Vienna Lager
Gold: Chuckanut Pilsner
Gold: Premium Lager
German Sour Beers
Silver: Raincountry Liquid Sunshine Lager
Wood & Barrel Aged Beers
Gold: Wild Warehouse