What: The 34th annual Great American Beer Festival (GABF) will be even greater this year. With 90,000 additional square feet in the tasting hall, an anticipated 60,000 attendees will have the opportunity to sample some 3,500 beers from more than 800 breweries.
Thursday, September 24: 5:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Friday, September 25: 5:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 26*: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
*Brewers Association and American Homebrewers Association members-only session
Saturday, September 26: 5:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Colorado Convention Center | 700 14th Street | Denver, Colorado
Why: GABF brings together exceptional brewers and beer aficionados, showcasing a plethora of diverse beers from all corners of the country. Attendees relish in the opportunity to try the expansive assortment. Over the last three decades, GABF has grown to become the single largest ticketed beer festival and event with the largest selection of beers in the U.S. In conjunction with the GABF competition, the festival exposes attendees to the limitless diversity and outstanding quality the U.S. brewing industry has to offer and showcases why this country is the biggest beer destination on the planet.
GABF tickets will be available for purchase to the general public online on July 29, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. MDT/12:00 p.m. EDT via Ticketmaster.com.
Members-Only Session tickets are $65 each, with a two ticket limit per member number.
General Session tickets are $80 public/$75 members (if purchased during the members only sale on July 28) and include:
- Commemorative tasting cup
- One-ounce samples of your choice of more than 3,500 beers
- Festival guide and free app to help attendees navigate the festival hall
- Access to attend dozens of educational seminars across all four sessions, focused on beer appreciation
Note: Due to limited availability, GABF General Session ticket sales are capped at four tickets per session per ticket buyer.
Media Access: To apply for media credentials, please visit the media access section of the GABF website.
New for 2015:
- Expanded Festival Hall: With the addition of Hall B at the Colorado Convention Center, 90,000 more square feet will be added to the attendee experience, making for a BIGGER and BEERIER festival in 2015:
- Increased Attendance: In past years, attendance was capped at 49,000 (cumulative for all sessions). This year, GABF will be able to welcome approximately 60,000 beer lovers.
- More Breweries, More Beer: GABF will feature more than 800 breweries, serving up over 3,500 different beers for sampling.
- Meet the Brewer: This year, the new expanded section of the festival hall will be home to the “Meet the Brewer” booths. The breweries pouring in this section are committed to having brewers or brewery staff on hand the entire time, pouring at their booths and talking to attendees about their offerings, with no assistance from GABF volunteers.
Paired: With more space, more breweries and more chefs in 2015, GABF’s Farm to Table Pavilion is also getting a new name: paired. The tasty format stays the same, a who’s who of small and independent brewers, chefs and restaurateurs from around the country will offer pairings in an intimate setting located just off the main hall. As in previous years, a separate ticket ($145) is required for entrance. paired tickets are available exclusively to members of the American Homebrewers Association and the Brewers Association and as such, can only be purchased during the members only sale on July 28.
Story Ideas: GABF Competition: Recognized as one of the world’s largest and most distinguished beer competitions—the 2015 competition is expected to see nearly 6,500 beers from over 1,500 breweries competing in 92 beer style categories for their chance at the coveted gold, silver and bronze medals as named by GABF’s prestigious beer judges. (Note: final, official competition statistics will be published on Saturday, September 26, after competition results are compiled and medals are announced.)
Craft Beer and Business: As a primary driver of growth in the beer industry, small and independent craft brewers saw an 18 percent rise in volume, representing a total of 22.2 million barrels, and a 22 percent increase in retail dollar value. In 2014, craft brewers reached 11 percent volume of the total U.S. beer market, up from 7.8 percent the previous year. Additionally, craft dollar share of the total U.S. beer market reached 19 percent in 2014, as retail dollar value from craft brewers was estimated at $19.6 billion, up from $14.3 billion in 2013.
Beer and Food: Beer is great, but it’s even better with the right food. paired, formerly known as the Farm to Table Pavilion, embraces the growing popularity of beer and food pairings. Situated in an intimate setting designed to indulge attendees’ senses, paired will feature 21 chefs from nine states, including five James Beard Award nominees and two Food and Wine Best New Chefs, each personally plating their dishes for guests and talking about their dynamic pairings. In addition, the exclusive craft beers served in paired are available only in this pavilion and not in the festival hall.
More Information: Click here for Great American Beer Festival history, facts and figures.
2015 Sponsors: GABF is made possible by the support of generous sponsors.
Contact: Abby Berman, on behalf of the Brewers Association, (646) 695-7044