- Aslan is expanding into Seattle this summer! Read more about the opening of their Fremont taproom, here.
- The Aslan Depot is now open on Saturdays and Sundays at noon, instead of 3 p.m. That’s three more hours of delicious barrel projects we can get behind.
- This week from Lost Giants Cider you can enjoy their dry cider infused with Satsumas, get it while it lasts!
- Don’t forget about brewery yoga every Monday in January at K2, Kulshan’s Roosevelt location! 6:30 pm, and it’s free!
- Pink Boots Society Bellingham, celebrating women in craft beer, are working on their annual collaboration brew (made at Stones Throw) for International Women’s Day. Keep your eyes out for it around town in the next month or so!
- Congrats to the new owners of Illuminati and new head Brewer Dave Meadows! Illuminati will be expanding to a 15 barrel brewing system. More to come on that later this month! Word is the owners of 2020 Solutions took over ownership last month. Excited to see what innovations Dave provides.
- Wander Brewing picked up a new horizontal lagering tank.
- Planning for Bellingham Beer Week has begun! Get involved as a sponsor and hit us up via email @ scott at taptrail.com
Aslan Brewing Co.
De La Rouge
Brewed in the same manner as our Mandarina Queen IPA, this version uses only Barbe Rouge hops. This new experimental variety from the French hop breeding program delivers stone fruit and red berry notes with a prototypical dankness. Singular usage of hops can either work very well, or be a complete disaster. This particular variety is great all by itself.
Kulshan Brewing Co.
Brewed using experimental lager hops from Indie Hops in Oregon’s Willamette Valley, this Small Batch lager is subtle, nuanced, and very sessionable. Wholesome bready malt flavors lay the foundation for this beer, while on the hop side there are pleasing floral and earthy notes, as well as light citrus and lemongrass. Clean, crisp, and dry, this hoppy lager is a darned tasty beer.
Three Fingers Imperial IPA
Named after Three Fingers Mountain near Darrington. Aroma notes of mango, peach, and orange dominate, while on the tongue grapefruit pith and pine lead the way.
Stones Throw Brewing
DopeThrone Double IPA
Brewed with a simple malt profile and hopped with Citra, African Queen and Simcoe (very generously). Not available in cans but definitely available in growlers.
Captain Brown Ale
Smooth Drinking Brown Ale. 5.6% ABV