- Reminding you that all of October is the NW Youth Services Survival Drive. Aslan, Boundary Bay, Chuckanut, Kulshan and Wander are all drop off locations for gently-used, quality outdoor gear that will go to helping homeless youth stay warm this winter.
- Tonight, Friday October 12, GRUFF hosts a skiing/snowboarding film premiere from a winter trip to Japan last year. The film is titled YUME and there will be supplemental photos as well as raffles featuring prizes from local businesses, benefitting Northwest Avalanche Center.
- Happy Birthday to Illuminati Brewing Company! Check out their taproom in Irongate Business Park, and the many awesome beers they’ve brewed over the first year of being open, including their Purple Rain Glitter Gose from Beer Prom as well as older European styles never before seen in Bellingham and some killer IPAs. Thanks guys!
- The Lost Giants Cider infusion for this week is Mango Habanero! Sweet and spicy is the perfect combination with the food trucks that hang out at Lost Giants so get it before its gone!
- Save the date for a week from now, Friday October 19, Absinthe Films comes to premiere their latest snowboarding film at Melvin Brewing. There will be live music and good beer, so if you’re getting excited for winter, here’s another chance to celebrate early!
- Heads up, that Melvin Brewing has closed its taproom in Fairhaven. You can still get stamps for your passport at the Meridian brewery location.
- Taylor Shellfish, The North Fork Brewery & Paellaworks bring you a very special Autumn afternoon of Seafood Paella, a special saloon menu, as well as hand picked specialty brews by Brewmaster Eric Jorgensen. This event will be hosted by Taylor Shellfish at their Chuckanut/Samish location in Bow on Saturday, October 13th from 3 to 7:00. Pre-event ticket package information & purchasing is available @ www.taylorshellfishfarms.com/shop.
Boundary Bay Brewery
Astro Tang Sour
From the cosmos, a luminous ray arrives to add a little sunshine to the Northwest. Astro Tang is kettle-soured with our house lactobacillus culture and fermented with tangerine puree from Oregon Fruit Products. A brilliant, light-straw color reflects its conditioning phase and delicately selected specialty malts. Boosted with Madarina Bavaria hops, Astro Tang radiates tropical citrus aromas while extraordinary sweet citrus, tangy and sour flavors orbit the palate. This intergalactic experience is a limited release so don’t let it fly by without getting an astronautic tangy taste.
Dark Darkness: A Dark Porter
Dark darkness unites a deep-chestnut color, aromas of cacao and light toffee with chocolatey and subtle roast flavors. This limited release porter celebrates the diversity of Bellingham’s art scene. The porter‘s namesake is an offbeat web-series about four attendees of dr. Darkness’ darkness convention. Dark darkness is produced in Bellingham, Washington by Wilson Large, a former Boundary Bay employee. The series is currently in development to become a feature film. To watch the web-series and support its future, go to darkdarkness.com
Illuminati Brewing Company & KISM 92.9
I Am The Walrus Roktoberfest Lager
This collaboration with KISM 92.9 is smooth and malty with just a touch of sweetness, exactly the way an Oktoberfest lager should be.
6.3% ABV, 26 IBU
Kulshan Brewing Company
Slightly fruity but still crisp and clean with sweet notes of biscuit, toast, and hints of nuts and chocolate in the background. The hop finish is floral and earthy and you’ll notice some slight bitterness with a dry finish.
North Fork Brewery
Ghosts and Flowers Fresh Hop IPA
Fresh hop IPA w/6.66lbs per barrel Eldorado wet hops, dry hopped w/Citra and Mosaic x2. Grain bill 100% @skagitvalleymalting NZ Pale, Copeland Pilsner, Red wheat and flaked oats. ‘‘Tis the season for ghosts and (hop)flowers!
VIVID West Coast IPA
West Coast IPA brewed with a simple malt bill and hopped with Chinook and El Dorado. 7.8% abv And it is bitter… probably like 342 IBUS