- Get ready for the Tap Trail’s 2017 Best Beertender competition. Voting begins on November 1st! Stay tuned for details and get your favorite beertenders involved. Who do you want to win this year’s award?
- Melvin Brewing finally received their brewing equipment on Monday, putting the brew in brewpub.
- Food truck? How about a food bike? The Mile Pie Club pie bike takes on the Bellingham brew community and will now be parked outside of Menace Brewing every Monday. (Check our fully updated Food Truck Calendar!) if you ever see a missing truck or schedule in our calendar, email us with a tip!
- Aslan announced its community favorite, the Best Beard in Bellingham competition is back next month! Mark your calendars for November 29– you may want to start growing now.
- Kulshan Brewing was named Best Brewery in the Cascadia Weekly’s Best of Bellingham results. They also took home the double gold for their Russian Imperial Stout and a bronze for their red from Sip Northwest Magazine. Congrats!
- There will be a number of breweries celebrating Halloween this weekend. On Saturday night, join Boundary Bay (TBD), Kulshan (6 pm), Melvin (7 pm), Chuckanut and Stones Throw (11-6 pm) for each of their own Halloween events!
Aslan Brewing Co.
Winter Warmer Red IPA
This new London-style porter was brewed with blackstrap molasses, dried bitter orange peel and most importantly, roasted pecans. Gives notes of figs, chocolate and nuts. 5.7% ABV and 33 IBU.
Cucumber Lager (Helles)
4.8% ABV // light body + fresh cucumber + soft
A Helles style lager made with fresh organic cucumbers. The Pilsner malt used was grown and malted in Skagit Valley, making this German lager uniquely local. The light body gives the beer a sessionable quality and a clean finish. Its malt profile is soft and delicate, while the aromas and flavors of freshly cut cucumber excite the palate.
Stones Throw Brewery
Late Night Delight Foreign Extra Stout
Silent Sits Brett Saison
Brewed with 50% raw wheat and fermented with a blend of Saison yeast strains, Silent Sits was conditioned with Brettanomyces in kegs.
Nitro Chestnut Brown
Wander spent hours harvesting and roasting chestnuts for this delicious nitro brown. Check it out while it lasts!