- Structures re-releases their City of Solace Double IPA today when they open. $20/4 pack and there’s a limit of 1 case per human.
- If you’re participating in No Shave November or just have a rockin’ beard, mark your calendars for the annual Best Beard in Bellingham contest at Aslan Brewing Co. on November 28 from 5-9 pm. Proceeds from drinks during that time will be donated to the FCC and their fight to cure colon cancer. You can sign up here.
- Kulshan is offering brewery tours for free on Saturday, November 24. Space is limited but you can sign up on their website.
- The Lost Giants infused cider this week is a Gin Botanical infused dry cider on tap, check it out before this special infusion is over!
- On Saturday, November 10, meet Melvin Brewing’s resident artist known as Ruckus at their brewpub. This event will also serve as a beer release for their newest Honey Double IPA, Buzz Builder, a raffle, live DJ set and art for the kids. The event starts at 3 pm and music is at 9 pm. Cheers!
- This upcoming holiday season, if you spend $50 or more on merchandise at Chuckanut, you get a free 1/2 liter stein! And they just got a whole bunch of cool new merchandise in, too. Score.
Aslan Brewing Co.
Made to a higher strength to create a boozy, warming beer to help with the cold weather. It was brewed with a variety of color malts and a heavy dose of Munich, then dry hopped with Chinook. This strong, amber hued ale expresses well balanced hop character, rich malt, and a satisfyingly viscous mouthfeel.
A very special Aslan Depot: Barrels & Blending only release today. We take a dive into brewing history:
5.6% ABV // medium body + malt forward + crisp
The “Altmünchner Bier” is the original lager of Munich. Prior to the creation of pale lager, Dunkle, or Dunkles if you are in Franconia, was the only lagerbier produced in Southern Germany. When we decided to undertake the reproduction of this classic beer in our own brewery, we made sure to take every precaution to do it correctly. The mash was double decocted and consisted of pilsner and munich malts, along with a small portion of caramel malt. Two additions of Mittlefruh hops create the needed balance without being bitter. Rich malt, that is evenly nutty and bready, and a slight caramelized sugar note leads to a refreshingly dry finish. As with all of our lagers, this beer was naturally carbonated and held below freezing temperatures in our cellar for a minimum of 4 weeks. All of the ingredients used came from Deutschland.
Kulshan Brewing Co.
Re-release of Belgian Blonde
This new batch has been conditioned to increase head retention and complexity of flavor. It’s crisp, light and refreshing like a Pilsner or pale lager, but with a slight sweetness and noticeable fruity and spicy yeast characteristics. It’s a great option if you’re looking for something that isn’t dark or an IPA.
Coffee Milk Stout
(made in collaboration with Fidalgo Bay Coffee Roasters)
Brewed with premium quality English malts and hops, as well as lactose sugar to add body and a hint of sweetness, this is a robust and full bodied beer that pairs perfectly with coffee. Rich notes of chocolate, caramel and dark stone fruit mesh beautifully with lighter notes of cherry, vanilla and of course freshly brewed coffee, creating a perfectly satiating Winter brew.
Juicy-fruit bubblegum, grapefruit pith, and strawberry dominate the aroma in this beer. On the palate, strong tangerine and orange notes lead the way, with apricot and berry undertones. With just enough bitterness to balance out its fruity tendencies, Forbidden is creamy, smooth, and from start to finish a darned tasty beer.
Go East IPA
This Winter IPA was brewed to be the perfect hoppy companion as the weather changes. Medium amber in color, Go East is pine forward, followed by hints of orchard fruits and berries that are balanced by a spiced bready finish.
KellerPils and Belgian Red
Naturally carbonated beers are on the list at Wander for a limited time. Crisp, clean and just screaming fall, grab a pint before these limited batches are gone. We also heard to keep our eyes peeled for something involving peaches, bourbon, foeders and dulce de Leche? Keep your ears open too.