- Wander Brewing announced its third can release, Shiny Objects Double IPA. It’ll be available on 1/19
- Structures Brewing announced the release of its second can, Fuzz. Same as it’s previous Fuzz can. BUT it’s double dry hopped. $14 for 16oz four packs. Available on 1/14
- Structures Brewing also announced the release date of “Long Bright Dark” an IPA brewed with honey from coffee blossoms. A collaboration with Bellingham’s Onyx Coffee and Primer Coffee
- Maggie’s Pub in Ferndale is up for sale. Want to buy it?
- Gruff Brewing is now open on Thursdays – Sunday
- Stones Throw Brewing is working on a Cascadian Dark Ale
- Subdued Brewing is considering a different iteration of it’s thought defunct brewery project. Perhaps a smaller plan is being considered.
- On January 21st, McKay’s Taphouse is hosting its 9th annual Abyss brewer’s night. Verticals of Abyss will be served.
- Aslan Brewing just added three new 60bbl tanks and a new brewhouse will be showing up in about 2 hours.
GREENWOOD IPA Brewers Select Series #26. A tropical IPA to capture your senses with layered notes of citrus and mango, balanced with a reserved malt and fruity hop bouquet. This beer is dedicated to one of Kulshan’s founding fathers, the late Jon Greenwood. Jon sadly passed away this December, and had always wanted us to brew a tropical style IPA. We are proud to release this beer in celebration of his life. ABV: 5.5% IBU: 40
AMERICAN PORTER Brewers Select Series #25. Infused with Woods Cold Brew Coffee, this special porter is bigger, stronger, and more roast-forward than our traditional Transporter. Layers of dark malt give way to coffee and chocolate notes, making this a unique and dynamically rich brew to experience. ABV: 6.5% IBU: 36
BLACK LAGER Brewers Select Series #24. Schwarzbier: although dark in color, this malt accentuated lager provides soft and surprisingly balanced flavors. A medium body and silky mouthfeel pairing dark malt flavors of roast, coffee and chocolate with lighter flavors of toasty bread, biscuit and toffee. A dry finish that is never overly bitter or sweet makes it a delightfully refreshing winter beer. ABV: 4.7% IBU: 24
GO EAST IPA Slight sweetness and a hint of bready biscuit balance out this assertively hopped beer. Aroma is full of resin, earthy spice and hints of floral pine dominate. Slightly darker and more alcohol warmth than Bastard Kat, this Winter IPA is a perfect companion for these cold winter days and nights. ABV: 7.4% IBU 74 — Keep an eye out for 6 packs available next month!
DUNKEL Classic German Lager, this beer is in part defined by its dark Munich malt and complex, yet balanced malt forward flavor. Bready and rich with just a hint of roast and slight sweetness. Hints of chocolate and toffee without any astringency or burnt flavors. Complex yet balanced flavor, Hallertau, Perle and Mittlefruh hops. ABV: 5.3%, IBU:
21 AMERICAN LAGER Kulshan’s newest arrival to our full time offerings is a light and refreshing lager with just enough crispness to balance the malts perfectly. Subtle grain and light hop aroma adds to this thirst quenching beer. Made with Mt. Rainer hops, this brew comes in at 5% ABV and 12 IBU’s. It’s an American beer, made right here. — Also available in 6 packs begining 1/14/17 at our official Lager Release Party happening at K2!
Coconut Oatmeal Porter
5.5% ABV // 15 IBU // 1.058 OG
silky + chocolatey + smooth
A German style, Dunkelweizen, is a dark wheat ale (dunkel=dark, weizen=wheat). Wheat is the major component of the grain bill, contributing a silky mouthfeel and creamy head. A combination of Munich, caramel, and chocolate malts create a malt profile that is rich, nutty, and slightly sweet. Subtle chocolate and roasted notes make for a sessionable winter beer.
Hops: Jarrylo, Sterling
Malt: Wheat, Munich, Pilsner, Chocolate, C-60, Carafa