- Aslan is now releasing 6-packs of their Classic lager, which used to only be available in 12-packs. These will be available at the brewery and local grocery stores starting right now.
- Boundary Bay is hosting a Bootlegger Speakeasy night to release some long-awaited barrel-aged beers they have up their sleeve on Thursday, December 21. Check it out to try their six new barrel-aged brews as well as three other surprises they’ve been waiting to show Bellingham. Plus, there’s complimentary snacks.
- In celebration of the new Star Wars movie, Illuminati will be doing $3 pints of their Millennium Falcon IPA at their taproom from Friday to Sunday.
- Kulshan is hosting a bunch of live music in the near future including The Devilly Brothers (December 17) and Daddy Treetop (December 20), two awesome stringband acts.
- Brewbound reported that Melvin’s plan to open up another taphouse in Fairhaven is part of a longer term plan to open up a number of brewpubs and taphouses in the region, using a “hub-and-spoke-model.” Read about that here.
- The Brewers Association released its 2017 Craft Beer in Review report.
Boundary Bay Brewery
Coping with the Dark Porter
This beer is made with the new Copeland dark malt from Skagit Valley Malting. With delicious and sweet toffee and chocolate characteristics, this brew is 6.3% ABV and 25 IBU and the perfect way to fight off the winter blues.
Chuckanut released their new Baltic Porter just in time for the holidays. Traditionally made in Russia, the baltic porter has notes of coffee, chocolate, and dark fruit. Lucky for us, they are also releasing it in bottles today, too. It is dark, full bodied and sits at 8.2% ABV.
Gruff Brewing Co.
NW Winter Gruit
Packed with dougles fir, spearmint, peppermint, devil’s club, orange peel and seeds of paradise. Lets not forget about all the Dark Malt and Obsidian Malt from Skagit Valley Malting. This beer is delicious as it is dark.
This beer is Berliner Weisse style brewed with 60% raw wheat and 40% barley. It has been masterfully fermented and conditioned in white wine puncheons with a blend of Lacto and Brett for 4 months. Mild tartness, meyor lemon, and a super clean finish that sits at 3.4% ABV.
Shiny Objects Double IPA
This beer was hopped with Cascade cryo in the whirlpool and double dry-hopped with Idaho 7, El Dorado, and Centennial hops. There’s a limited amount available so make sure you get there quick to enjoy this annual favorite.