- Mark your calendars now for the just-announced Aslan 2018 Barrel Project Retrospective! Different events will be hosted in different cities, like Seattle, Portland and two separate Bellingham events on 1/24 and 1/26. For more details on how to taste your way through 2018 with Aslan, check out their website.
- The Tapped In Podcast is coming back to start off 2019. Dave Morales is releasing 6 new episodes, starting in January.
- Be sure to check out the unique takes on Sierra Nevada’s Resilience IPA, made by breweries across the nation, with proceeds benefiting victims of the recent, devastating California wildfires. Boundary Bay did a collaboration with Wander, and Melvin Brewing Bellingham brewed one up too. It’s a good way to drink for a cause, so get to it!
- For your last minute bottle shopping needs for Christmas dinner, Elizabeth Station will be open on Christmas Eve from 10 am to 4 pm. Whether you need to impress your family with a wide variety of local beers or bring something from far away to the table, the Station probably has what you’re looking for.
- Stay tuned for an update on which Tap Trail stops will be hosting a New Years Eve celebration! No matter where you end up, beer should be part of the equation.
- Happy Holidays from Tap Trail! We hope you get to enjoy pints and a holiday celebration with people (and beer) that you love. Cheers!
The Owls Are Not Wit They Seem
Atwood has released their Twin Peaks inspired witbier! Perfectly paired with a slice of cherry pie and a damn fine cup of coffee.
Boundary Bay Brewery
Arethusa & Cherried Arethusa
Stones Throw Brewery
Total Eclipse of the Hop
Brewed with Chinook and Centennial hops, this beer has pine and citrus flavor with a rich body. This is a Cascadian Dark Ale, with all the hop characteristics of an IPA, but with a complex malt bill.
Chuckanut has bottles and draft of their delicious baltic porter at both the Bellingham brewery and South Nut! It’s rich, chocolatey and boozy.
Kulshan Brewing Co.
Fermented with our house lager yeast, Baltic Porter embodies both the rich maltiness of British porters and the delicate complexity of German lagers. Robust, full-bodied and slightly sweet, this beer boasts notes of dark chocolate, caramelized sugar, coffee, and dark stone fruit. Roasty but not burnt, sweet but not cloy, Baltic Porter is a delicious winter treat.
Crawle Dazzle IPA
Cranberry red in color, Crazzle Dazzle IPA is an exotic and action-packed IPA. Featuring a robust bouquet and flavor profile bursting with notes of cranberry, ginger, orange, strawberry, and pine. This beer perfectly rides the balance between being unique and unusual, but still smooth and drinkable. Clean and crisp with refreshing carbonation, Crazzle Dazzle IPA is a winter treat that will excite and inspire your palate
ÜLa – Ungespundet Lager
4.6% ABV // medium body + notes of honeysuckle + balanced
In the Franconia region of Germany there is an orange, unfiltered lager that is brewed by nearly every brewery. It is referred to as a “Kellerbier” or “Ungespundet” – which translates to un-bunged. This orange colored lager displays a youthful freshness with notes of honeysuckle and tangerine, all supported by a bready malt character. Produced in the traditional method, this beer is lightly and naturally carbonated.
⚠️With this beer we are debuting our new Aslan Steins! ÜLa will be served exclusively in these traditional ceramic steins, plus you can purchase one for $18!
The Upside Down
After spending a year in @woodinvillewhiskeyco bourbon barrels, this gorgeous beer is ready for us all to enjoy. Make sure you are one of the lucky ones to try Menace’s first barrel release.
Winter Sun & Coffee Cake
Winter Sun an imperial Stout brewed with a massive amount of oats and conditioned on Madagascar Vanilla beans and Hazelnut.
Coffee Cake a stout brewed with coffee, vanilla, almonds and maple syrup.
These are sweet in all the right ways with the craziest mouthfeels in the game.