- Ski to Sea is proving to be a beer-heavy event! Join Bellingham breweries for block parties and commemorative beers. TONIGHT (Friday 5/25) is Boundary Bay’s Ski to Sea Block party! TOMORROW (Saturday 5/26) join Stones Throw for their block party! Live music, good beer, better company at both locations.
- Melvin Brewing opens their Fairhaven location with grand opening event tonight (5/25) at the new location @ 1323 11th Street
- Kulshan is killing the sustainability game by switching from plastic six-pack rings to cardboard cartons for both the Premium Lager and Bastard Kat IPA.
- Congratulations to Janet and Ed, owners of Boundary Bay on tying the knot this last week!
- Our food truck calendar has been updated! Check it out here.
Aslan Brewing Co.
Brewed in honor of some of the best clean saisons in Belgium, the Jeune saison, meaning young, is meant to represent the most classic of saisons. There is no Brettanonmyces in this beer, only very dry Saccharomyces yeast. Mashed with a collection of fresh seasonal malts along with buckwheat and flaked purple karma barley, then hopped heavily with Malling and Strisselspalt hops and keg conditioned for 2 months. This beer is dry citrus, wet granite, and slight bubble gum.
Brewed in similar fashion to the northern German style pilsner, this is named beer Coastal Pils as a nod to Germany’s coastal region where notable examples exist. Not to be confused with a Bavarian Pilsner, this style has a more pronounced zest and citrus-like bitterness. While not German, Aslan prefers the flavor of Czech Saaz hops, which were used at a rate of 1 lb per barrel to create the distinct hoppy flavor. This lager is fully attenuated, hoppy with a refreshing mineral finish.
Saison Near Dupont
This traditional saison is perfect for sipping in the Menace beer garden in the beautiful weather we’ve been having in Bellingham.
Hopped with Denali, Simcoe, Chinook, and Columbus. True to Structures’ style, this IPA looks hazy and delicious as it tastes.
Right Here Right Now Hazy IPA
This is the super fresh stuff. Wander’s latest hazy IPA is fermented on lemon and lime zest and dry-hopped with Citra and Mosaic. RHRN explodes with citrus aromatics along with undertones of fresh melon and stone fruit. Draft only, so live in the now!