It’s been a heck of a week in Bellingham beer. New beers and brew news! As we hurtle towards an amazing weekend of sun don’t forget to grab your Tap Trail map, and get your stamps. We’ve been getting social media messages from folks all around the region loving their passports. Make sure to tag us, or use the #taptrail.
- Boundary Bay just announced they are the largest brewpub in the US, per the BA’s new numbers.
- Tap Trail will be hosting at the Grand Opening of The Cooler tonight. Come take our ridiculously hard Tap Trail Quiz and you could win a full growler of Aslan Brewing!
- Tap Trail announced a new Passport redemption center. You can now get your prizes at The Local on Railroad.
- Chuckanut Brewery is hosting a brewery tour and a book signing of “Washington Beer” this Saturday
- We’re waiting on an update from Gruff Brewingon how they are progressing.
Aslan Brewing Company
4.5% ABV // 4 IBU // 1.042 OG
light body + effervescent + tart
This refreshingly sour wheat beer is brewed to style, which dates back to the Middle Ages and is often referred to as “The People’s Champagne.” The tartness of this beer will bring out hints of lemon, while the generous amount of wheat will round out the body lending a remarkable similarity to lemonade. Enjoy as is or add a shot of Raspberry syrup for a twist!
Malt: Pilsner, Wheat
Brewed with flaked oats, wheat and barley….hopped with a simple amount of Warrior in the Whirlpool for a sum of 7 IBUS…and dry hopped with with an alarming amount of Citra and Mosaic.
That’s not a typo. “7 IBUS.”Touted as the “most progressive IPA” Structures has released. I’d have to agree. I had it last night and it was SPLENDID. James told me it tasted like an 8% ABV glass of OJ. I’d disagree. It tasted like a delicious glass of OJ. OJ is often too sweet. This isn’t….because it’s beer. While you’re down there make sure to do a side by side with their splendid Buzz Words Pale!
Boundary Bay Brewery
Part of our Galbraith Mountain Series, this brew is a moderate golden-orange color with a fine, clean, off-white head that laces elegantly in the glass. Flaked wheat and pilsner malts enhance the head retention and body, while the use of acidulated malt, proper yeast handling, and high carbonation result in a deliciously crispy, refreshing warm-weather beer with a definite citrus-like tang!
19°P OG // 31 IBU // 8.5% ABV
Kulshan Brewing Company
ABV: 7.2% IBU: 16 A beautifully balanced beer with a clean malt profile, fruity yeast strains, and slightly spicy noble hops
North Fork Brewery
Whiskey barrel aged
Sour red ale