- Don’t miss Chuckanut’s Oktoberfest tomorrow! Who better to celebrate Festbier season with than the creators of some of the world’s finest lagers? The event is from 1-10 pm and throughout the afternoon/evening, there are contests like yodeling, stein holding and Hamerschlagen.
- Mark your calendars for another Oktoberfest at GRUFF on September 28! From 3 pm to 9 pm there will be polka and Bavarian music, limited edition steins, costume contest, games and prizes! See you there.
- Congratulations to Herb’s Cider on winning not one, not two, but THREE awards from Sip Northwest’s Best of the Northwest! Drop into their tasting room to learn more about these delicious offerings they have.
- Industry gals, don’t miss a chance to gather with other ladies from the beer industry and learn more about involvement with Pink Boots Society! On September 17, Thousand Acre Cider House is hosting a PBS Social from 6 to 8 pm. There will be specialty flight deals and other rad ladies in cider and beer there to congratulate and welcome Thousand Acre.
- Did you know that Twin Sisters hosts a Friday Night String Band Jam from 5 pm to 7 pm? Grab a beer and play along or sit back and enjoy the talent our community has to offer!
- Lost Giants is releasing their Mountain Blueberry infused dry cider this week for their weekly infusion! Get some while it lasts.
Floyd the Barber Nordic Pale Ale
Brewed with Pilsener, rye, and raw wheat, and hopped in the kettle with Strisselspalt and Hersbrucker. Floyd then spent eight weeks in the foeder, just enough time for the native Brett Brux to work in notes of canned pineapple, which are on full display in this beer. The final touch was a hefty dry hopping of fresh and wet Centennial hops from @growingveterans.⠀
Boundary Bay Brewery
The original Oktoberfest lager was created more than 200 years ago in Germany to celebrate a royal wedding. This recipe, brewed by Boundary Bay, is a delicious modern rendition utilizing local malt from Skagit Valley Malting. A generous amount of Munich malt blends the robust, medium-bodied lager with flavors of toasted pretzels, toffee and honey-caramel sweetness.
Gruff Brewing Co.
The John Oliver
Introducing The John Oliver (4.7%), an American take on an English Pub Ale. This beer was brewed with English yeast and is our take on the classic style.
Nitro Mocha Milk Stout
Made with lots of Tony’s Coffee organic Esspresso Noir beans and coco nibs for extra chocolate goodness.
Stones Throw Brewery
This Single Malt And Single Hop (SMASH) beer features Cascade Hops and Violetta Malt. Cascade has a citrus aroma and grapefruit flavor, well-supported by a light bodied malt like Violetta.
Soft Spoken DIPA
Soft-Spoken, a double IPA brewed with Galaxy and Citra. Made for a rainy September day.
400 Cents Fresh Hop
400 pounds of freshly picked (we’re talking like 5 hours fresh) gorgeous cones of centennial from @cls_farms made it into this very special extra pale ale, the first of our two fresh hop beers this super fresh season.
Raspberry Champagne Toast
“Our Berliner Weisse, Champagne Toast, spent a productive year souring and maturing slowly in an American oak foeder. After aging, 350 pounds of local raspberries were added to a portion of the sour beer for another month of conditioning. The raspberries intensely transformed the base beer in flavor, aroma, and color.”