- This Sunday, September 16, Elizabeth Station hosts the brand new Bellingham Chapter of the Pink Boots Society, an organization educating women in the craft beer industry and supporting the advancement of their careers in beer. Proceeds from a specialty donated keg during the event, as well as a dollar from each pint until the keg is finished, goes to PBS.
- On Monday, September 17, the Aslan Depot hosts a movie night in their outdoor beer garden. This time around they’ll be showing Austin Powers, don’t miss it!
- Boundary Bay will be the official beer host for the Bellingham Traverse. They’ll have not only the special beer made just for Traverse, but many other delicious brews available at the 3 bars and 2 beer gardens they’re hosting.
- It’s Cider Week! Good excuse to check out everything Bellingham Cider Company (and their new building artwork), Lost Giants, and Honey Moon/Cider Head have to offer. Cheers!
- Kulshan is hosting their Oktoberfest on Saturday, September 15! Tis the season for giant steins and lederhosen. There will be breweries from all over town there to celebrate, prost!
- The Lost Giants infusion this week is an ode to the fresh hop. Check out their Fresh Hop infused dry cider! They will be closed today (9/14) for a non-profit Sippin’ on cider event.
GRUFF Brewing Co.
Brand new KOLSCH on tap. This 4.9% beer is made with 100% grain from Skagit Valley Malting, so are the rest of their beers but this one looks extra delicious.
Kulshan Brewing Co.
This beer has been aging for over six months in stainless to achieve the maturity and complexity it now possesses. Aromas of ripe peach and apricot are predominate, backed by mellow Brett funkiness and a hint of banana. On the palate, it is dry and clean up front, followed by a smooth bready malt character and slight orchard fruit sweetness that lingers pleasantly. A beer of true class and distinction, this Brett Saison is quite simply delicious.
Running on Empty West Coast Pale
Approchable, clean, refreshing, and made with Cascade hops, just for the Bellingham Bay Marathon.
300 Cents Fresh Hop IPA
300 pounds of freshly picked (we’re talking like 5 hours fresh) gorgeous cones of centennial from CLS Farms made it into the first of Wander’s two fresh hop beers. To celebrate, all pints of 300 Cents are 300 cents for the first 300 minutes today!
Stones Throw Brewery
The Endless Summer IPA
Dry and bitter with a citrus and floral aroma, this IPA made specially for Stones Throw’s block party is loaded with Centennial hops.
6.3% ABV, 80 IBU
Aslan Brewing Co.
Lets Talk About Six!
Made in celebration of the sixth anniversary of Tacoma’s Pint Defiance, this IPA is focused on Chinook in the whirlpool, then double dry hopped with El Dorado and Amarillo. This juice bomb is slightly hazy, mildly bitter, and exudes notes of orange citrus. Available at Pint Defiance (9/15) as well as the Aslan brewpub (9/14).
Moquin Mash Rosehip Saison, Mo’s Outta Thyme Saison, Steenybened Coffee Saison
Atwood released a bunch of delicious saison’s for us over the last week or so. Mo’s is a saison series, this time with a thyme twist. Moquin Mash is a rosehip saison made in celebration of two of their friends, Mitch and Bre getting married. Steenybened speaks for itself, a smooth and sweet coffee saison! Get your saison…on.