- 122 West Brewing’s Grand Opening today through Saturday! Come visit Bellingham’s newest brewery and welcome them to the neighborhood
- Elizabeth Station has a really special event today, starting at 3pm. They’ll be tapping a bunch of kegs from the venerable Hill Farmstead! This is a special opportunity!
- Aslan Barrel House is hosting a Farm Infused Beer Tasting to celebrate Sustainable Connections’ Eat and Drink Local Month
- Boundary Bay Brewing is hosting their their homage to Bill Murray by showing the “Movie What about Bob?”, tonight!
- Chuckanut Brewery is hosting it’s awesome annual Oktoberfest
- Get ready for Climate Action Week. As you may have noticed our Tap Trail Passports alert you to key breweries that are partaking in Puget Sound Energy’s Green Direct Program. Head here to learn more!
- Sept. 14th is Herb’s Cider Block Party!
- Lost Giant’s has their Pineapple & Hanañero Infused Dry Cider back on tap until Sunday
- Lost Giants will also be celebrating Washington Cider Week this Saturday with a Cider Garden in the parking lot.
💐 FRIDAY BEER RELEASE 🍾Pink Yoshi // Raspberry Berliner Weisse // 4.4% ABV // light body + raspberry + bubbly
For the second year in a row, we brewed this crushable treat for our good friends at @thelatonapub! This kettle sour brew was mashed with wheat and Pilsener malts from @skagitvalleymalting and fermented with our ale yeast on top of 500 lbs of fresh organic raspberries from @hedlinfamilyfarms. The final touch – Bottle and Keg conditioned with Champagne yeast to create an extra dry, bubbly, and intensely tart experience! Pink Yoshi 2019 👅is by far the sourest beer we have ever made 😱 think raspberry warhead…
🏔 Desolation Angels // Spritz Farmhouse Ale // 4.7% ABV // Light Body + Skagit Valley Raspberries + Earthy⠀
Every year we buy thousands of pounds of organic fruit from local farmers to use in various projects. Sometimes the spent fruit still has plenty of flavor to use for another beer. This time around, we had 500 lbs of raspberries to use as a secondary fermentation source — pulling out the last bits of fruit essence. ⠀
The base beer consists of flaked rye, soft white wheat, and a heavy dose of raw buckwheat — which leads a fantastic earthy, herbal tea, and almost honey-like complexity! The raspberry aspect is light, but perfectly balances buckwheat and Czech Premiant hops. All-around, this spritzy farmhouse ale shows plenty of youthfulness on the palate and great depth for a light-bodied beer.
Boundary Bay Brewery
Dark Darkness: A Dark Porter
6.3% ABV | 15°P OG | 25 IBU
Dark darkness unites a deep-chestnut color, aromas of cacao and light toffee with chocolatey and subtle roast flavors. This limited release porter celebrates the diversity of Bellingham’s art scene. The porter‘s namesake is an offbeat web-series about four attendees of dr. Darkness’ darkness convention. Dark Darkness is produced in Bellingham, Washington by Wilson Large, a former Boundary Bay employee. The series is currently in development to become a feature film. To watch the web-series and support its future, go to darkdarkness.com
Malts: ‘Copeland’ | 2-Row Pale | Chocolate | Special B | Carafa III | Crystal | Wheat
Hops: Zeus | Mt. Hood
Yeast: Boundary Ale
Water: Lake Whatcom Watershed
Aroma: Cacao | Light Toffee
Flavor: Chocolate | Toffee | Subtle Roast
Mouthfeel: Medium-Full Bodied | Balanced
We would like to welcome the new GRUFF IPL(6.5%) to our taplist. Our India pale lager was made with centuries old Kveik yeast from Norway. This yeast can be fermented at very high temperatures compared to normal yeast strains. Brewed with lots of Callista hops and fermented at 95° for a perfectly unique hot lager.
Are You a Heather?
Cherry Saisoweizen (ABV 4.2%)! What the hell is a Saisoweizen you ask? Good question. It is a Saison mixed with a Hefeweizen fermented with Rainer cherries! 🍒 This beer has the classic hints of banana and clove but with a nice soft cherry dryness.
The Local Pub Ale on Nitro
English Style Best Bitter (ABV 4.4%)! This creamy malt forward beer is perfect for shifting into Fall. It has a nice caramel and toffee flavor that dark beer fans love but also a creamy mouth feel and finish!
Loaded with El Dorado and a bit of Comet. 7.2% ABV. Berries, big mouthfeel…and a bit of otter pops!
Twin Sisters Brewing
Barbe Rouge hops from France impart a certain je ne sais quoi to our latest Fog offering. Fruity and crisp.