- The Green Frog is hosting a couple of awesome Bellingham Beer Week events including a showcase of the best breweries from The Gorge area AND a showcase of breweries from Skagit County.
- Wander and Melvin Brewing are teaming up for a secret Popup Fest for Bellingham Beer Week. Read our interview with Jeremy Tofte from Melvin Brewing.
- Blackberries!! Aslan’s brewer Frank Trosset tells me he’s working on a spontaneously fermented blackberry ale. He’ll also release a blackberry kolsch next Friday.
- The Bellingham Beer Week events schedule is absolutely stacked with amazing events. Be sure to check them out!
- Stones Throw brewing is brewing up a fresh hop ale. To be released this month!
- Wander Brewing is releasing another bottle today at the brewhouse. The Foeder WƎN will be released today in 500ml bottles and limited draft at the Brew Hall tomorrow. It’s a red Farmhouse ale aged 7 months in an oak foeder with a house mixed culture and elderberries. Delicately sour, with notes of oak and dark fruit. $9/bottle
- Wander keeps doing things and will release it’s first canned beer on 9/08/16, the Googly Eye Double IPA. The crazy deer/raccoon animal was was sketched by Bellingham’s Logan McQuaig, who own’s Bellingham’s favorite studio & design shop, Novato Designs.
- Where’s your Bellingham Beer Week shirt?!
Das Westy Altbier
5.8% ABV // 30 IBU // 1.054 O.G.
malty + crisp + medium body
Brewed in the Sticke (shtick-uh) Alt style, this is a stronger, bigger-bodied variation of the traditional Altbier from the Westfalia region of Germany. A combination of caramel and Munich malts contribute a nutty sweetness with notes of toffee. Fermentation at a cool temperature creates a clean, refreshing character to balance the complex malt profile. This malt-forward beer is punctuated with hops that are floral and slightly-spicy.
Hops: Palisade, Cascade, Sterling
Malt: 2-Row Pale, Munich, Caramunich, Wheat, C-120, Carafa
Centennial Fresh Hop
5.6% ABV // 181 IBU // 1.056 OG
medium body + piney + bitter
Our first fresh hop beer of 2016 was brewed with 50 lbs of Centennial hops grown in a unique coastal micro-climate in Northern California. These Centennials provide intense aromas and flavors of pine which dominate in the beer. Calculated at an astounding 181 IBUs (although we highly doubt its actually that bitter), this beer is an example of what woodsy, piney and dank hops have to offer when used fresh and in the right proportions.
Hops: Azacca, Centennial, Chinook, Mosaic
Malt: 2-Row Pale, Brittish Pale, Vienna
Pale Wheat Ale
Hopped with Amarillo adn Ella. Grain from Skagit Valley Malting.
Boundary Bay Brewery
Citraweisse Berliner Weisse
Stones Throw Brewing
Dry Hopped Kettle Sour
North Fork Brewery
Electric Berryland #2
Learn more about this beer here.