- Tomorrow, Saturday 9/29, Aslan hosts their Fresh Hop Forum at the Depot location. Try fresh hop beers from local and Seattle breweries like Cloudburst, Holy Mountain, Stoup and more, and enjoy live music and food. A portion of proceeds benefits Growing Veterans.
- Aslan, Boundary Bay, Chuckanut, Kulshan and Wander are all participating in a Survival Drive for Northwest Youth Services in the month of October. Staying warm is essential for homeless youth as the colder months approach, so if you have any tents, waterproof jackets, warm socks, tarps, instant warm beverages and soups, that you’re willing to part with, drop them off at participating breweries. 10% of beverage sales from October 2 will also benefit Northwest Youth Services.
- Congratulations to Chuckanut Brewing on winning a gold medal for the Dunkel and silver for the Helles categories at the Great American Beer Festival! Way to represent Bellingham beer.
- Gruff will start being open on Mondays starting October 1st, meaning they’re open 7 days a week!
- Starting October 2, Kulshan will host cribbage tournaments every Tuesday. Show up to play for the chance to win a $25 gift card!
- Menace Brewing has opened The Wurst Wagon, their bratwurst food truck that will be parked outside of the brewery. Congratulations, we can’t wait to eat all the bratwursts.
- The weekly Lost Giants Cider infusion is cranberry infused semi-sweet, yum!
- Herb’s Cider now has three canned cider varietals available!
- There’s a new Bellingham brewery in planning. Details here.
Aslan Brewing Co.
Roy Farms Fresh Hop
Centennial fresh hops from Roy Farms in Moxee, WA, bring out doug-fir and pine notes in this expressive IPA. Combination of raw and malted wheat was used to make this Aslan’s first fresh hop of the season.
Charlie Foxtrot IPA
Available Saturday as part of the Fresh Hop Forum, this IPA was made in collaboration with Growing Veterans. Aslan’s second fresh hop IPA of the season, cans will be available upon the opening of the Depot on Saturday at 3 pm.
Boundary Bay Brewery
Fresh Hop Pale
Boundary Bay’s Fresh Hop Pale Ale is brewed with fresh, whole-cone wet Amarillo hops. The 250-mile journey to Virgil Gamache Farms in Toppenish garners exceptional Yakima-valley harvested hops. Epitomize the season and delight your senses with this easy-drinking farm-to-table experience.
GRUFF Brewing Co.
50/50 Fresh Hop IPA
All of the fresh hops in this beer were grown and harvested by the lovely team at @valleyfarmstead. It’s called 50/50 because it was 50lbs of fresh hops dropped off and in the kettle in 50 minutes from the last hop picked. Showcasing 8 different hops this tasty clear beer is goooooood.
Gose and Helles Lager
Gruff’s new gose weighs in at 5% ABV, and the Helles at 5.1% ABV.
Illuminati Brewing Co.
Pirate Den’s Porter
Tonight at El Capitan’s restaurant on Cornwall and Chestnut, celebrate the release of the Pirate Den’s Porter!
Joey Doesn’t Share Fresh Hops
Menace’s new fresh hop pays tribute to everyone’s favorite 90’s TV doofus, Joey Tribbiani. And we thought Bellingham was maxed out on delicious fresh hop beers. We were wrong!
Stones Throw Brewery
Sticks and Stones IPA
This IPA was made in collaboration with Bellingham food truck Big Stick BBQ. Available Saturday, this specially crafted IPA features a prominent blend of Mosaic, El Dorado, Simcoe, Centennial, and Citra hops and trust us, the “product testing” tells us it pairs perfectly with Big Stick BBQ’s delicious rack of ribs…
Brewed with the same base beer that was Raspberry Fuzz, but this time we added 21 pounds per BBL of fresh Amarillo Hops from @crosbyhops
Available Saturday, one case per person limit.
Googly Eyes IPA
Mosaic, Cascade, Citra. Keep your eyes on the prize. This is Wander’s most anticipated can release of the year! One case limit per person.